29 May WITH THE LUSITANO HORSE
WITH THE LUSITANO HORSE
Studies show that the Lusitano Horse descends from horses that survived the last glaciation, which did not come to the low plains of southwestern Iberian Peninsula, today Ribatejo, Alentejo and Andalusia.
These surviving horses became an evolved equine group and were domesticated since the early days, much earlier than the rest of the world.
Today it has been assessed that part of this group of horses may have traveled east to the North of Africa and Asia Minor, from where it traveled to the China of the 1st Emperor.
The Lusitano Horse is a direct descendant of this Iberian horse, the ancestor of all horses that were the groundwork for horseback riding everywhere. The Lusitano Horse spanned through many historical periods, some of which are quite damaging to its survival, but thanks to the effort and perseverance of many Portuguese breeders, today we can proudly say that the Lusitano Horse is stronger and more genuine than ever.
Want to Know more about everything that is included in this journey ? Ask us.
AT A GLANCE
Price per person starting at € 100,00 (full day)
(minimum 5 people)
- Equestrian show of the Lusitano Horse in a traditional Ribatejo farm
- Lusitano horseback riding stroll
- Welcome drink with wine produced in the farm
- Private cruise in the Tagus river to see the horses in the small river islands
- 24-hour emergency contact and assistance available
* Prices may vary according to traveling dates