15 May WINE AND ARCHITECTURE
WINE AND ARCHITECTURE – LISBON AND ALENTEJO – 7 NIGHTS
We have built a unique itinerary that brings wine, architecture, and gastronomy together — a true journey for the senses. You will visit the most beautiful cellars and find out how the needs of some influenced the solutions of others.
AT A GLANCE
Portuguese wine produced in Alentejo is getting more and more interesting and well-known. The tradition of making wine in Alentejo, a province in the southern region of Portugal, dates back to the Phoenicians, before the Roman Empire occupied the area.
Since then, wine has been heavily produced here. In the 16th century, wine production in Alentejo was flourishing, but in the 18th century, producers were forced to destroy a significant percentage of their vineyards to protect the business of Douro wines. Only in the 19th century they were able to start growing their grapes again, only to see them destroyed again by the terrible phylloxera pest.
It is then safe to say Alentejo found its new path in wine production after 1940. In the first years, however, producers would be gathered in winemaking cooperatives, but thanks to the extraordinary performance of their wines, many of the producers began investing in ecotourism, and architecture is a major vessel to attract visitors to their vineyards and cellars.
Want to Know more about everything that is included in this journey ? Ask us.
Price per person sharing starting at: € 4.750,00 *
(Minimum: group 6 people)
7 nights / 8 days program.
- Private transportation throughout the trip
- 5-star accommodation, sharing a twin/double room
- 5 dinners and 5 lunches (one of which will be a picnic lunch)
- Visit to 5 wineries in Alentejo and 1 wine cellar in Colares + wine tasting
- Historic/architectural visit to Lisbon and Évora
- Tour of Atlantic Coast, including lunch and visit to one monument in Sintra
- 24-hour emergency contact and assistance available
* Prices may vary according to traveling dates