16 May LISBON – PORTO
LISBON, PORTO, AND THEIR WONDERFUL SURROUNDING CITIES
This journey will show you the wonders of some of the main cities in Portugal: Lisbon, Évora, Sintra, Coimbra, Braga, Guimarães, and Porto. For your convenience, your starting point for each visit will be Lisbon and Porto, and from here you will be driven north and south with the very best guides and comfort we have to offer.
AT A GLANCE
Lisbon is a light-filled, exciting, colorful city with large squares and parks, where every single corner tells a story. The city is divided into 7 hills where you can find the oldest neighborhoods, some are very famous, other are fancier, inspired in Paris. The sun is everlastingly present, as well as the whitewashed cobblestone streets, the gardens and al fresco terraces, and the Castle up above. From the many viewpoints, the silvery Tagus river dazzles us, and the bridge and the Cristo Rei almost leaves us baffled.
Lisbon’s history is vast and rich. It is impossible to visit it and not speak of Romans, Moors, the Discoveries, and earthquakes, which changed it forever in the 18th century. A city that has a lot to see in the streets, the museums (some of which are quite special), and the surrounding towns, which we will not forget in this journey.
For lovers of surf, the beach, wine, gastronomy, beaches and the ocean, Lisbon is the perfect destination.
Porto, known worldwide for the famous wine that got its name from it, is quite different. In fact, one of Portugal’s most surprising traits is how a country so small and with such a strong identity is able to be as diverse as it is, from one region to the other.
Porto spreads between the Douro river, its mouth and the Atlantic Ocean. The Ribeira neighborhood, the oldest one in the city, is located in the riverbank and a miscellany of colorful granite houses, going up narrow streets all the way to the cathedral, in the upper part of town. On the other bank of the river are the old cellars where the Port wine is kept, before it is exported to the rest of the world.
Porto’s history has been always connected to church and trade, and that is why there are a few buildings standing out from the others, like the Clérigos Tower, the incredible St. Francis Church, and the Palácio da Bolsa. In the 20th century, Porto was the backdrop for a wonderful modern movement in architecture, and important names came out of it, like Siza Vieira and Souto de Moura. The city has changed, and new modern neighborhoods have emerged, with ample, breezy spaces.
Want to Know more about everything that is included in this journey ? Ask us.
Price per person sharing starting at: € 3.250,00 *
9 nights / 10 days program.
- 4 nights in Lisbon – Heritage Avenida da Liberdade Hotel, including breakfast
- 5 nights in Porto – Pestana Vintage Porto Hotel, including breakfast
- Transfer airport/hotel in Lisbon
- Full day guided visits and entrance fees in Lisbon
- Full day guided visits in Sintra, including car + guide + entrance fee in two monuments
- Private transportation to Porto with English-speaking driver, including stop in Coimbra + visit to the University Library.
- Full day guided visits and entrance fees in Porto
- Car and driver to Guimarães and Quinta da Aveleda, with visit to a monument and visit + wine tasting at Quinta da Aveleda
- Full day guided visit to the Douro Valley, including car with driver + visits to 2 wineries with wine tasting + 1-hour private Douro cruise
- Private transportation hotel/airport in Porto
- 24-hour emergency contact and assistance available
* Prices may vary according to traveling dates